Just imagine, people all over the world drink 165 million cups every day! And you may be holding a cup of tea in your hand right now. What is so special this drink? Which type of tea do you prefer? Let’s review different types of tea and their beneficial properties. If you are not a fan of this drink for some reason, then you have the opportunity to change your mind. Have a nice tea party!
Different Types of Tea and Their Health Benefits
There are many classifications of tea: by type of plant, origin, oxidation, type of leaves and its treatment, harvest season, additional processing and the like. We will talk about the most popular types of tea.
Black tea is the best way to reduce weight. Black tea is able to “melt” the excess fat by increasing your metabolism and reducing cholesterol. This tea has healing properties, so it has been popular in Chinese medicine since ancient times. Studies at the University of Georgia showed that black tea helps to detoxify the body and increase metabolism, so those extra pounds disappear faster. Drinking a weak black tea 10-15 minutes before a meal, you can also reduce appetite. Black tea is recommended for people who want to lose weight and people with high cholesterol. How much black tea should you drink to lose weight? Three times a day after meals.
English red tea prepares the uterus for childbirth. Women who drink give birth faster and painlessly. It was proved by experts. English red tea is recommended for pregnant women. How much tea should you drink? Up to three cups a day during the last month of pregnancy.
Green tea contains neither calories nor fat. It is rich in antioxidants that could help prevent a number of medical conditions, such as heart disease, gastritis, migraines, depression, and even some types of cancer. This drink is indicated for diseases of the lungs, ovaries, prostate and stomach. Green tea also strengthens the immune system and, according to experts, has anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombus, antiviral and anti-bacterial properties. Green tea also helps burn fat. Five cups of tea a day can reduce your weight in half in about 10 months! The drink is recommended for everyone, especially people in countries with poor ecology, as well as those who want to lose weight. How much tea should you drink? Up to four cups per day.
Standard whole leaf tea. Drinking it along with milk (98% of the population drink it this way), you get a daily rate of nutrients. Only four cups of tea per day will provide you with: about 17% of the recommended standard calcium, 5% zinc, 22% vitamin B2, 5% folic acid, vitamins B1 and B6. A cup of this tea also contains manganese, which is important for overall physical development, as well as potassium, which helps maintain the balance of your body fluid. This tea is great for slaking thirst. This tea is also good for teeth because it contains fluoride. It has been clinically proven that tea also helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease (senile dementia) because it stops chemicals that cause the disease. How much tea should you drink? Up to four cups per day.
Herbal teas are also good for slaking thirst, but be careful – each plant has different properties. For example, mint is good for digestion, for colds, catarrhs, and headaches. Herbal teas have many different flavors and, of course, are no worse than regular tea. They do not contain caffeine, which can be very important for some people. The drink is recommended for people who do not want to consume too much caffeine, pregnant women, also those who love different tastes or has a specific medical contraindication to the use of ordinary tea. Below you can find the most popular types of herbal teas:
- Chamomile helps to cope with digestive disorders, acts as a relaxing, sedative, relieves cold and flu symptoms. It’s good for relieving anxiety;
- Dandelion stimulates the body to excrete toxins;
- Echinacea helps strengthen the immune system;
- Fennel cleans and soothes the digestive system, helps to suppress appetite;
- Ginseng tones up, improves mood, helps strengthen the immune system;
- Nettle is good for cleaning the blood;
- Mint soothes the digestive system;
- Carcade tea is a tea from Sudan rose petals. It contains no caffeine, therefore it is perfect for people with a stomach ulcer. After all, caffeine can only aggravate it. Carcade tea is rich in antioxidants and iron, necessary for the transport of oxygen in the blood. It also has a sedative effect, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, has an anti-inflammatory effect, relieves stomach cramps. It contains natural sweeteners, which is just perfect if you are on a diet. This drink is recommended for people suffering from irritability, headaches, sleep disturbances, nervous tension, depression or hypertension. It also suits you if you want to lose weight.